Monday, August 18, 2008

First Appointment

On August 12th, I had my first appointment. My doctor wanted to see me when I was offically 10 weeks along. The first appointment is always dreaded because of all the girlie test stuff that has to be done! Not to mention, more blood work. I got a call back today, August 18th, with some not so good news. As they were testing my blood, they found positive anitbodies in it. Nothing to worry about yet, until more tests are performed. The doctor said not to worry until we find out more information! She explained my blood and the growing baby's blood are clashing. Yes, very weird. She also proceeded to make an appointment for me to see a specialist and get more tests done, such as a titer. As she hung up the phone, I was more confused then I was when she first called. So, I dragged out my What To Expect When Your Expecting book and looked up "titer". It mentioned rubella antibody levels and how they will just keep a close watch on my as I progress so the baby isn't harmed. I'll leave you all with this information and be sure to post more after my 2nd appointment on August 26th. And, as I meet with the specialist on September 15th.

1 comment:

wannabemama said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for starting this blog. I'm serious, since I can't have a baby, you are my link to pregnancy. I want all the details.....and I mean all of them....lol. We'll be praying very hard that things go well and that none of this turns out serious.